from: "Paul O. Bartlett" <[log in to unmask]>
>     I looked at some more web pages on Europanto, and it still seems
> like something of a joke to me.  But whether or not it is, it does not
> seem appropriate as an official language for an auxiliary language
> association.  It seems so intensely eurocentric, even more so than the
> other three, that it brings up the question of what the organization is
> all about, and conIALs in general.  Is this organization to be only for
> auxiliary languages for people who speak west European languages, or is
> it to be about auxiliary languages that might be intended for global
> scope?

That's a good point Paul. I agree with
your view that Europanto sounds comical
and I believe it is intended to be so. But
to consider it for a global IAL would likewise
be comical, I agree. However, something like
Papiamentu with it's third world feel, its creole
status, its simple grammar and vocab. It's kinship
to the "International Standard Vocabulary" of
sciences and medicine by the grace of Spanish
and Dutch seems very very convincing and James
makes a good pitch for it when he also highlights
Papiamentu's features. Europanto and Papiamentu
are worlds apart not just physically but also
ideologically. Would you agree?

Since,
Jay B.