On 06/10 21:18  Wesley Parish wrote:
> to?  Petersburg...  And then there's the possibility of giving the foreign
> name for your birth city - just think, if I had been born in Windy
> Wellington, NZ, I could give Poneke, and baffle anyone who was lacking in Te
> Reo.

If you were bored of living in Port Nicholson, you could always say
Whanganui-a-Tara, which is more euphonious if you ask me.

I was born in Murihiku, the tail of the land, in the deep south.  I
expect to be buried there.  For now I live in Otepoti, where the boats
landed.  That should be enough hints to figure out the pakeha names. :)

- andrew.
--
Andrew Smith, Intheologus                         [log in to unmask]
alias Mungo Foxburr of Loamsdown

"That's the people who hang around the edge of groups at parties.  They
are very exclusive."