Try double clicking on the file itself.  If it opens up a program with
samples of the font, idunno.  If it says it is an invalid font file,
however, you have a corrupted file.  This happens sometimes when
downloading certain files with Netscape.  If that's what you did, try
using Internet Explorer.
-M