--- Muke wrote:

> Hmm.  Around here they use "Tennessee Orange"[1]to refer to going faster to
> pass through a yellow light as opposed to slowing down for it to turn red.

It's funny that you have a special name for it. In Holland (at least in the
regions where I use to drive) it is common practice. On the other hand, if you
slow down before an orange/yellow light, you have a good chance to irritate the
person behind you to a fairly high degree.
The last couple of years I noticed it became also common practice, that after
the lights switch red, two or three cars will go anyway. You have a name for
that as well?


"Originality is the art of concealing your source." - Franklin P. Jones

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page
from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts