I wrote:

> Computer lab is closing. Must go.

Now that it's Sunday morning, I can continue with what I was talking
about. It might certainly be fruitful to discuss swearing from a
linguistic perspective - I'm wondering how linguists understand
swearing, what attributes swear words in different languages have in
common, how they differ, etc.

I also wonder whether specific words have the same connotations to
other people that they do to me, particularly internationally. Every
swear word has its particular emotive attachment - I would list them
as follows:

"shit" - misfortune/disappointment
"bloody" - anger/frustration
"fuck" - contempt

(ask me about "bloody German backpackers" sometime.)

Adrian.

(btw, I'm in exam revision mode and have basically been using Conlang
as a means to relax my brain in between study sessions. I have a Data
Mining And Knowledge Discovery exam on Tuesday.)