Robert "Neo" Hill sikyal:

> Tule!
>
> >I'm not sure what you mean by "syntax" --- do you mean the *grammar*?
> [snip]
>
> What I meant was the word order and such, but you hit it right on the head,
> that was really what I was looking for.

Not to be pedantic, but Robert was right to begin with.  "Grammar"
properly refers to the entire description of a language--the morphology,
syntax, semantics, phonology, etc. The section of the grammar concerned
with the order and relation between words in an utterance is the
syntax, like he said.

Okay, so that was pedantic.

> >perhaps a conlang how-to like the one by mark rosenfelder
> >(http://www.zompist.com/kit.html) could help you
>
>  I may sound totally stupid, but I read both of the kits (Marks and the other
> one, whose name excapes me) and I was still left fairly confused.

What was it about the kits that confused you? The terminology, or
something else?

If Mark Rosenfelder's kit confused you then you're probably not ready for
_Describing Morphosyntax_ yet, since it's written for linguists and is
fairly technical.

Of course, you can always bring your questions to the list.

Jesse S. Bangs [log in to unmask]
http://students.washington.edu/jaspax/

"If you look at a thing nine hundred and ninety-nine times, you are
perfectly safe; if you look at it the thousandth time, you are in
frightful danger of seeing it for the first time."
--G.K. Chesterton