On Tuesday 23 July 2002 11:58 pm, you wrote:
>  ::sharpens talons... eager toothy linguavore grin & drooling::

hehehehe Its not THAT bad I hope! I "borrowed" the nice vowel position and
consonant chart from Mr. Rosenfelder's guide, i found them really helpful.
Its still in work, but tell me what you think :) Here it is:

Bamulu:

        Consonants:
Letter    XSampa
 b          [b]
 d          [d]
 k          [k]
 l           [l]
 m        [m]
 n          [n]
 p          [p]
 s           [s]
 t            [t]

            labial  lab-dnt   dental  alv   alv-pal  velar  glottal

stop      p b                              t d                    k

fricative                                    s

affricate

approximant                              l

nasal      m                               n

Vowels:

a            [{]
/a           [eI]
e            [i:]
i             [I]
o          [@U]
u            [U@]

                  Front      Central      Back
            ______________________________
    High \                                                         |
              \  seat                            suit            |
                \          sit                                       |
  Closed    \  say                      soak              |
                   \                                                  |
                     \                                                |
       Open       \ set                                        |
                        \   sat                                     |
           Low        \                      sot                |
                           \_____________________|

If /d/ and /i/ are next to each other, it forms /di:/ (or dee for you laymen
out there)

Word Order:
        VSO: [{Verb}-modifiers to verb-{Subject}-modifiers to
subject-{Object}-modifiers to object].

To make a verb negative add 'ota to the verb. So "Throw" or "ena" would be
"Throw not" or "ena'ota" Negate adjectives the same way, IE: if inquired about
an object being red, and it is not, you say (literally) "Be I'<possessive>
ball red'not" or in Bamulu "Dupa esal'se dide kobo'ota"

        For plurality, add 'sa. Possessive 'se, and plural possessive 'sea.

Always stress last syllable of word.

If a vowel occurs in the first syllable, it is a long vowel. If a vowel is in
the second syllable, is it it is short. The only exeption is "o", where "o"
is long in both syllables.

If by chance a word has more than two syllables (by way of suffix or

If there is a vowel at the beginning of the word or suffix, that vowel is
stressed and over-pronounced (/U@/ becomes /you/, etc...)

Constraints for new words are CV CVCV VC VCVC and VCV. Where C is Consonant,
and V is vowel

Gender Classes:
        Pertaining to or being of Child: -lobi
        Pertaining to or being of a Girl: -obi
        Pertaining to or being of a Woman: -ele
        Pertaining to or being of Authority: -mubo
The male class is understood automatically.
Personal Pronoun suffixes:
These are added to the end of a noun along with the gender (unless male) and
written, there is an apostrophe infront of the suffix. These suffixes are
treated as new syllables and the vowel and other syllable-dependant rules
apply:

Pertaining to immediate noun: 'ikol
Pertaining to remote noun: 'edol
Used when speaking for others ("We the people..."): 'ekol
Used as you would "I" in English (the difinitive personal pronoun) Esal
"esal" is not used as the others would be, it is treated as a noun and
therefor is not a suffix

        Verb tense is explained via isolating words. IE: Past, present future.

Questions:
        To signal a question add “lipi“ after the verb. If the answer is expected to
be yes, add "nuli" in place of “lipi“. If no, add “luko“.
There is to be ONE verb ONE subject and ONE object per sentence, when these
requirements are met, a new sentence is needed, even if it describes the same
object/subject/verb.

Creating words:
To create words out of words and meanings already created in Bamulu, compound
the meanings into one word and follow the spelling and phonological
constraints.

Transcribing names into Bamulu can be done two ways: Find out the meanings of
the name and compound them into a word, or port the name into Bamulu's
phonology as close as possible.

To write Bamulu with the native script (will be included in this .zip later
on) write from right to left, and for the Romanized orthography from left to
right.

Capitalization:

Capitalize first letter of sentences, names, and exact places (Central Park
etc..). Capitalize first letter of the “Authority“ gender class, as well.
<work on>