heya,
(which means "room" in japanese)

Have any of you ever heard of a book called 'World Lexicon of Grammaticalization" by Bernd Heine & Tania Kuteva?  I was looking in my university library for anything that could tell me about the Japanese kana orthography for Ainu, but i couldn't find anything.  So i was just looking around the linguistics area, and found that book.  It has a huge variety of examples of grammaticalization of originally open-class words in different languages, so it looked like a good resource for ideas of historical shift in conlangs.

-Stephen (Steg)
 "it's better than sex!"
     ~ wade, _sliders_ episode 1