At 12:35 PM 2002-08-05 -0400, Bob Cooper wrote:

>you should also consider posting it on
> > rec.scuba, which has the single largest number of users.
>
>Good idea.  Could you give me the URL?  I had it and then I lost it.

Try also:  http://groups.google.com/groups?q=rec.scuba&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en

Or just go to http://groups.google.com and tell it that the group you want
is rec.scuba or rec.scuba.equipment (or cross-post).

And get a hotmail address or fake one (not [log in to unmask]) :-) as if you
give your real one in the plain, it will get inundated with spam -
completely ruined in one shot.  Try
"r c_o.o_p e_r at sympatico dot ca.com (remove punctuation and spaced and
final .com and translate)" --- a human can make it out, a program might
find it a bit harder to deal with.  Yes, the vandals have forced us to
these extremes.  Another possibility that is a really good one, in my
opinion, is to visit spamgourmet.com so that you can get a formula  alias
which you can use in situations like this one.  That is kind of a neat
system that allows you to make up your own aliases on the spot to give out
-- and they automatically expire if you start getting stuff dumped into
them by the spammers.

--
Here is the point:  UBE/Spamming is never acceptable, no matter what the
greater good served.  Floods, fires, starving or missing children, wars,