Thomas R. Wier scripsit:

> (I should probably make clear that I am a little touchy about
> generalizations about the behavior of groups to which I am
> associated, ever since a waitress here in Chicago, upon learning
> that I come from Texas, asked me whether I was a right-wing
> paranoiac.

Molly Ivins once referred to Ross Perot (before everyone in the U.S.
came to know who he was) as "one of the saner of our loopy right-wing
paranoid Texas billionaires".  I always appreciated that remark.

"Any saying that claims all of a particular group will act in the same
way is not to be trusted."

"Spoken like a judge."

        --Harry Turtledove, "The Pugnacious Peacemaker", a sequel to
          L. Sprague deCamp's "The Wheels of If".

--
Knowledge studies others / Wisdom is self-known;      John Cowan
Muscle masters brothers / Self-mastery is bone;       [log in to unmask]