Don writes:

> I have been thinking about this and should clarify.  After
> each meal, a 5 gallon bucket was used to collect food waste
> and this was dumped overboard in the evening or at night
> when no divers were in the water.  This was not a lot of food...

Granted, although any "fishy" activity will tend to stimulate the boys to
swing around for a look at what the commotion was.  If its done (nearly)
every day, they'll get conditioned.

Another trick that's I've seen used on the Brac is to put a scent lure into
the water at the 356 wreck.  The lure is an ~18" PVC tube with holes in it,
capped to keep the fish heads in, and equipped with a rope to tie it off to
something on the bottom.  As per the person who was refilling & re-emplacing
the lure, it was for the express purpose of trying to 'bring in' sharks &
rays to the dive site.

-hh