Andreas Johansson wrote:
> Philip Newton wrote:
> >
> >I suspect that the old third person singular forms in -th
> >are less used than "thou" forms.
>
> What's the difference 'tween the -th and -s forms of the 3rd sg?

Nowadays? Register, I think.

As far as I know, they are equivalent; Biblical (well, KJV) language uses
-th more (though I think not exclusively).

Also consider "ye/you"; if you make a difference, "ye" is subjective and
"you" is objective case: "ye say" but "I say unto you" (and the vowels are
exactly the other way around from the pair "thou/thee"!)

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[log in to unmask]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.