On 11 Sep 02, at 19:02, Josh Brandt-Young wrote:

> The question, then: Someone *must* at some point have gone through and found
> OE equivalents to a bunch of modern English words--I've heard of Cleansed
> English, though I haven't been able to find out anything about it. Does
> anyone have any resources to this end or know where they can be found?

Maybe looking for "Madhomisc" or "Madhumisc" may help you further. (Or
of that fails, look for Ailanto's pages; I believe one of his sites is
http://www.kafejo.com/ , and have a look around for it.) I believe that
was a project to restore older words to use.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[log in to unmask]>