Javier BF writes:

 > > > DeLancey's theories have met with quite a bit of scepsis around the
 > world. I
 > > > won't say I think he's wrong, but that's just because I sometimes have
 > a hard
 > > > time actually understanding what he writes. I've probably been
 > brainwashed
 > > > with the wrong shampoo.

[...]
 > >If you're interested in giving him another look. the belowlinked paper
 > >addresses "instrumental subjects" which came up last time I mentioned
 > >DeLancey. A certain amount of it's repeated in the one I linked to
 > >before, though.
 > >
 > >http://www.uoregon.edu/~delancey/papers/bls91.html
 >
 > WOW!!! THANKS A LOT FOR THE LINK!!  8-)))))
 > I completely agree with the assertion of this being the
 > most compelling idea about core roles I've seen (and I
 > had also found Rick Morneau's theories of enormous
 > interest). No doubt this will be extremely useful in
 > the development of the IAL project. Again, many thanks!

Glad you found it interesting.  I first came across DeLancey's work a
while ago while I was searching for information on SOV languages with
adjectives which follow the noun (such as Tibetan).  If you like this
kind of thing (I can see how it would be useful for your project) take
a look at some of the other papers and lectures on his site, if you
haven't done so already.  Particularly the lectures from his course on
functional syntax.  They aren't all there, and several are only
available as WordPerfect documents*, but there's certainly some
material there that I think you'll find useful.

Most of his pages can ultimately be reached from this index:
http://www.uoregon.edu/~delancey/prohp.html

*If you can't display these, then I can send you copies in PDF or RTF
 format, which people on the list were kind enough to send _me_, the
 first time I brought this up.  Some of the non-standard characters
 are a little mangled, but all the English text is readable.