Padraic Brown wrote:
> Loads of medial ars as well: /brd/, /flrt/, etc.

I just noticed today that I pronounce "Floridian" as [log in to unmask]
"Florida" is [log in to unmask]

Incidentally, when I was in elementary school, I can remember that I
used to think "Florida" was spelt "Floridia", with *2* "silent i's" :-)
It kind of makes sense.  After all, "both" i's show up in the form
"Floridian" but not the state name.  :-)

--
"There's no such thing as 'cool'.  Everyone's just a big dork or nerd,
you just have to find people who are dorky the same way you are." -