On Monday 09 September 2002 19:52, you wrote:
> Boudewijn Rempt writes:
>  > I don't know of _any_ useful online grammar of a Tibeto-Burman language,
>  > but the following paper books might be available via inter-library loan:
>  >
>  > Really good grammars of Tibeto-Burman languages are:
>
> [...]
>
> As I expected, none of these were available in the local system.  I'll
> have to go for an inter-library loan, or go up to London.  For the
> time being, though, I've requested the one relevant book I could find,
> and should have it in a few days.  I don't suppose you have any idea
> what _Tibetan Grammar_ (H A Jaschke, 1954) is like?

It's much, much older than 1954 -- Jaschke was one of the first people
to write a Tibetan dictionary (still the standard one, or was the standard
one when I did Classical Tibetan) -- but his grammar is nowadays seen
as unusable. (At least by my teachers and by the books I've read.) It's still
interesting from a conlang point of view, of course!