German "kämpfen mit" and "kämpfen gegen" means the same.
Schiller originally said "Mit der Dummheit", but since "kämpfen gegen" is
more common, most people quote it like that.

HCLE
<<>>

Could someone check for me the Schiller line about "Against stupidity
the gods themselves contend in vain"?  The Net is telling me it's either
"Gegen Dummheit" or "Mit der Dummheit", although all agree that
the rest is "... kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens".

The English version is canonical because of the Asimov novel _The Gods
Themselves_, in which each of the three sections is titled by one
phrase.

--
John Cowan  [log in to unmask]  www.ccil.org/~cowan
www.reutershealth.com