Adrian Morgan <[log in to unmask]>

> H. S. Teoh wrote:
>
> > Sorry to send this here, but just in case this *is* caused by a virus,
> > people should know about it, especially since it appears to be targeted
> > specifically to CONLANG subscribers.
>
> What you are describing is, in fact, the infamous Bugbear virus. You
> probably would have seen it mentioned on the news a couple of weeks
> ago.
>
> > My mail server has just received 17 emails, supposedly from Pablo Flores,
> > from an email server of questionable repute. The source and destination
> > email addresses have obviously been forged, as it claims to be sent from
> > "pablo-flores@Q...", which obviously doesn't exist,
>
> The Bugbear virus forges email addresses by taking the bit before the
> "@" from one person and the bit after the "@" from another person, and
> putting them together. Don't ask me why.

    My ISP recently intercepted two emails with the Bugbear virus:

: Cybershore's viruschecker found the
:       W95/Bugbear.A@mm
: virus(es) in an email to you from:
: Delivery of the email was stopped!

: Cybershore's viruschecker found the
:       W95/Bugbear.A@mm
: virus(es) in an email to you from:
: Delivery of the email was stopped!

                 Dennis Paul Himes    <>    [log in to unmask]
                   http://home.cshore.com/himes/dennis.htm
        Gladilatian page: http://home.cshore.com/himes/glad/lang.htm

Disclaimer: "True, I talk of dreams; which are the children of an idle
brain, begot of nothing but vain fantasy; which is as thin of substance as
the air."                      - Romeo & Juliet, Act I Scene iv Verse 96-99