--- Padraic Brown <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > ---
> Speaking of Canadia, I noticed that, in English, the
> PM is "The Right Honorable Whatsisface", but in
> French
> it's just "Whatsisface"; or at most "M.
> Whatsisface".

i imagine this is taken from the uk, where the prime
minister is a member of the privy council, and, as a
member of that, is addressed as 'the Rt Hon Tony
Blair'. several other cabinet members are as well, as
well as a few others. presumably the french title is
taken from the situation in france, which i imagine
doesn't have a privy council ( it's more a formal
institution than a useful one )


bnathyuw | landan | arR
stamp the sunshine out | angelfish
your tears came like anaesthesia | phèdre

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page
from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts