On Wednesday, October 23, 2002, at 10:30 , Roberto Suarez Soto wrote:

>         I've been recently thinking on a new conlang. The idea behind it
> is, I think, semitic-like: words have a consonant-based root, and the
> class of word (noun, verb, adjective) is derived of that form using
> different vowels and particles.

Howdy!  I've done a triconsonantal conlang myself.  It's a lot of fun.  I'
m even tempted, for god knows what reason, to do another (but with
different categories and overall grammar).

In any case, I think you may find Rick Morneau's essay on Arabic
morphology helpful.  I used it a lot as I was designing Czevraqis (not
Naracze), which I shall *not* point out as an example as it's too
messed-up.  :-p

http://www.srv.net/~ram/arabic_morphology.html

Hope this helps!

Yoon Ha Lee [[log in to unmask]]
http://pegasus.cityofveils.com

AD&D Mistake #32: Bowling with a sphere of annihilation.