From: "Steg Belsky" <[log in to unmask]>
> > *septm= ("seven", oddly shaped altogether, thought to be from Semitic).
> >     *Muke!
>
> |*septm=| from Semitic?  I can see how |sep| could be related to ||SB|| -
> but how do you get |tm=| from /3/ (voiced pharyngeal
> fricative/approximant)?

Hey, I dont come up with these things :p
It's just a hypothesis that I've read and AFAICT there isnt any real evidence
for it.  One could also possibly throw in Etruscan <semph> "7" in as well.
[Well, technically you couldn't, because science doesn't work that way.  But you
could do it as a starting place for looking.]

    *Muke!
--
http://www.frath.net/