Hi Adriaan,

I would suggest that pre-printed letterheads constitute part of a forme
work, and should probably be encoded with the <fw> element as they meet the
criteria of "other material which falls outside the stream of the text".

Have a look at http://www.tei-c.org/P4X/PH.html#PHSK. Also, take a look at
the Women Writer's Project documentation of their change of <fw> to <mw> at
http://www.tei-c.org/Applications/Samples/wwp-mods-names.html#fw2mw.

<quote>... ("formeworke" => "meta-worke") the change reflects a somewhat
broader use of this element at the WWP, and a recognition of what we feel to
be its true nature - not having strictly to do with the forme, but with any
aspect of the document which is related to its instantiation in print (page,
column, and line numbering; information prompted by page breaks, including
signature, volume, catchword, list headings) and which therefore has a
"meta" relationship to the flow of the text. (WWP Modifications
Documentation)</quote>

Something like:

<fw type="letterhead" place="top">
 <address>
  <addrLine>J. La Bree </addrLine>
  <addrLine>c/o Herr A.W.Sijthoff </addrLine>
  <addrLine>Doezastraat 1, 3 &amp; 5</addrLine>
  <addrLine>Leiden</addrLine>
 </address>
</fw>

This is just one suggestion: I have no doubt that I will be disagreed with!

Cheers,

Stuart