Thanks very much to all of you--and particularly to Robin
Cover, Lou Burnard, Susan Schreibman, Peter Schulte-Stracke,
and Charles Muller-- who have offered detailed and
thoughtful (and sometimes contradictory) suggestions
regarding my annotated bibliography project.  I see now that
I have a good deal of groundwork to do before I launch the
project.  Indeed, it's likely that I will need to completely
rebuild my DTD--but better now than six months from now!

Thanks once again for all your help, and I'll let you know
what form the final project takes.

Kyle

p.s.
For those interested in such matters, an example of the
current trial version is available at
   http://www.dpo.uab.edu/~kgrimes/rcb/books2000.xml

Kyle Grimes
Department of English, UAB