From: Charles Muller
Subject: Creative Commons site access problem

I have received many queries from people who tried to access the Creative
Commons site and found it to be password-protected. I wrote to the CC people
about it, and they have responded as follows. The short version is that the
licensing facility will officially be opened until Dec. 16, a point that had
not been made clear to me originally.

Chuck

-----------------------------

> Charles,
>
> Our site does not officially launch until Dec 16th so we are a little
> wary of being slashdotted, though for integration purposes we have been
> giving the URL to trusted partners and friends.  Unexpectedly, word
> about our site has been getting around more than we thought it would.
> Sorry for the confusion, I should have been clearer about this.

<snip>...</snip>

> Also, the final license URLs will not be at new.creativecommons.org,
> rather they'll be at creativecommons.org, the only thing that will
> change will be the *new*, but we'll have time to take care of that
> after the launch.
>
> Once again, sorry for the confusion.

Chuck

Charles Muller  <[log in to unmask]>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary [http://www.acmuller.net]
H-Buddhism List Editor [http://www2.h-net.msu.edu/~buddhism/]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787