>From: Jan van Steenbergen <[log in to unmask]>
>
>  --- Thomas Leigh wrote:
>
> > I need information on the following two things for a language project
> > I'll be embarking on:
> >
> > 1. A description of the phonology, morphology, etc. of Vulgar Latin
> >
> > 2. Details of the historical development from VL to Italian: sound
> > changes, morphological changes, etc. In other words, I need to trace the
> > development of Italian and to see the various steps.
> >
> > If anyone can recommend any books and/or wrb sites on these subjects, I
> > would be most grateful.
>
>Try http://www.orbilat.com. It's a good beginning.
>
>Jan

LOL, I think that site must have just started - there is quite a bit on two
north Italian languages I have never heard of before, but *nothing* on
Rhaetian! Also they have only done Adverbs in the Vulgar Latin section:
http://www.orbilat.com/Proto-Romance/index.html

And you must check out the Pompeiian graffiti!
http://www.orbilat.com/Proto-Romance/Vulgar_Latin/Texts/Pompeii_Graffiti.html
Does nothing ever change?

"Mattheus pinxit"