On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:42:02 -0500, Nathaniel G. Lew <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I am sorry I missed you.  It sounds like you had fun.  I got held up in
>traffic (big accident coming in on 93) and then lost trying to find
>Alewife Station.  (I *hate* Boston-area roads.  I *always* get lost.
>Hasn't anyone there ever heard of clearly marked road signs?)  As a result
>I got to Harvard Square at 2:20, and there were no conlangers to be
>found.  I checked Finagle a Bagle and Cafe Algiers (two spots previously
>mentioned in email), as well as the linguistics sections of the Harvard
>Bookstore, Wordsworths, and (I am ashamed to admit it) the Coop, and in
>addition to finding no conlangers, I can also report that the selection
>was abysmal at all three.  When it started to rain, I figured that it was
>a signal of some sort, grabbed some lunch, and headed home.  Alas.  Of
>course, I am fishing for sympathy here, but really, I am fine, just
>disappointed.  I doubt there'll be a next time, but if there is, might I
>suggest more definite plans and an exchange cellphone numbers?
>
>- Nat (back in the cold northland)

<sympathy>That kind of thing usually happens to me. You're taking it better
than I would. How far (and how long) did you have to drive? Say, I wonder
if there's some sort of magical prohibition to prevent Yale people from
arriving at Harvard?</sympathy>

Jeff

P.S. have you been following the noun/verb discussion with Dirk?