 --- Yoon Ha Lee <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > On
Thursday, November 7, 2002, at 12:38 , bnathyuw
> wrote:
>
> > bac
> > is written vertically and i really like the effect
> (
> > http://www.geocities.com/bnathyuw/images/bac1.gif
> for
> > various forms of the script ) but it's a bloody
> > nuisance for creating fonts . . . ( as is the fact
> > it's joined up )
> >
> Oh, believe me, I gave up on ever creating fonts
> long ago.  Then again, I
> like doing calligraphy when my hands aren't frozen
> numb (brrr...Boston is
> *not* friendly to a Houstonian...) so it's not too
> bad.

i like doing the calligraphy too. i'ld just like to be
able to type in bac, as my handwriting takes up a lot
of space !

> I like the circular effect, as though they were
> ripples from a strand of
> pearls in a pond.  :-)

ta everso !

> Yoon Ha Lee [[log in to unmask]]
> http://pegasus.cityofveils.com
>
> Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum: I think that I think,
> therefore I think
> that I am.

one down note . . . that's not latin ( or at least i
don't think so. please refute me someone )

classical would be |cogito me cogitare ergo cogito me
esse|

medieval ( and someone might correct me ) would be
|cogito quam cogito ergo cogito quam sum|

i don't _think_ you can drop the |quam|, tho you could
drop the |me| ( with slight resulting ambiguity . . .
which is actually possibly true to the spirite of
descartes' original ( except that was in french, |je
pense donc je suis| )

po:s egdiatri:bo:

bn

=====
bnathyuw | landan | arR
stamp the sunshine out | angelfish
your tears came like anaesthesia | phèdre