On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 02:38:46AM -0500, Nokta Kanto wrote:

> radically from most of the constructed languages I've found.  It looks
> like most constructed languages start with phonology and grammar. My
> language is entirely written (the language has no associated sounds), is
> made of ideographs, and lays out words on the page according to their
> relationships rather than queueing them with prepositions and
> inflections to mark case.

Wow, I am totally surprised that nobody has remembered Rikchik yet in
this discussion.

See http://suberic.net/~dmm/rikchik/intro.html for an example of one
writing system, created by Denis Moskowitz (is he on the list?) for use
by tentacled aliens to graphically represent their signed language :)

Amanda