Isaac A. Penzev scripsit:

> For precise info I need to consult grammar books. I've never been
> much interested in analyzing Russian. For me it's enough that I don't need
> to learn such a monster as a foreign lang :-D

Indeed, indeed.  Which is why when I did know any Russian (20 years
forgotten), I could only speak in the past imperfective.

There is a Russian short story (author/title forgotten also) about
a night watchman who is always cold.  He needs to order a set of
fireplace pokers, but unfortunately he doesn't know the genitive
plural.

--
If you have ever wondered if you are in hell,         John Cowan
it has been said, then you are on a well-traveled     http://www.ccil.org/~cowan