In a message dated 12/21/2002 12:05:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Date:   Fri, 20 Dec 2002 21:04:25 +0500
> From:   Zaffer Ahmed Qasim <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Pelvic angioembolization in pelvic trauma
>
> Is anybody aware of any published trials discussing the safety and
> efficacy of angioembolization in pelvic trauma in the pediatric
> population?  I was trying to find something, but MEDLINE had several
> papers about its use in adult trauma victims, and practically none
> discussing the issue in depth in the pediatric age group.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Dr. Zaffer Qasim
> Karachi, Pakistan

It sounds like a research question if you can't find the answer.  What
circumstances would you be interested in examining that aren't treatable with
current procedures?  Is it for controlling deep pelvic fracture bleeding
problems/crush injuries/land mine injuries involving multiple fractures
bleeding?
Rebecca Salness, MD
Assistant Professor, Pediatrics/Pediatric Emergency Medicine
University of Maryland
(410) 932-2710

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: