For 1) My thoughts would be that any SBI (a UTI is included) under 60 days
warrants an LP and admission for IV ABX.
Again, to me this is following the Rochester Criteria which I believe were
developed for exactly this case.
I realize there is an "art" to medicine but I would also ask whether or not
the Rochester Criteria are considered "standard of care" and thus what would
be the legal implications if they are not followed.

For 2) If it looks and acts like RSV then I would be happy to treat as RSV
(probably dont care about the xray - either I would not have obtained or I
would feel  that just about any CXR pattern could be consistent with RSV.
I would admit if truly ill appearing, O2 requirement or not taking PO

Alan

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: