 --- Christophe skrzypszy:

> [...] If we communicated in Dutch or French, one would always have an
> advantage over the other, and we cannot have that in our relationship.

Yes, I have exactly the same feeling. And what also plays a role: we know each
other in Polish. It is a Polish relationship, even if none of us is Polish.
Believe me or not, but when I try to speak Dutch with my girlfriend, it feels
like speaking in a foreign, almost alien, language.

> But unlike you, I'd never call our communication language "awful". I
> find it myself pretty nice and effective ;)))) .

Awful in the sense of "impure", "dirty". Linguistically it is definitely funny,
perhaps even interesting. I wouldn't mind it (yes, even like it) if there
hadn't be our daughter who might pick it up. But I want to teach her a "real"
language, and teach her to speak it well.

Jan

=====
"Originality is the art of concealing your source." - Franklin P. Jones