 --- Daniel Andreasson Vpc-Work skrzypszy:

> Andrew Smith wrote:
>
> > There is also the Dutch neologism for conlanging "linguafictie" which
> > could be "linguafiction" in French or English.

Indeed. It could be used in any language, I guess. It covers its load well, but
to me, it sounds a bit pompous (and suggests a science rather than an art).

> The Swedish word (not much used) would be _konstspråk_. It is
> delightful in its multiple meanings, just like the word "conlang".

In Dutch it would be "kunsttaal", which has the same kind of ambiguity as the
word "artlang"; "kunst-" can both mean "artificial" and "a piece of art".

Jan

=====
"Originality is the art of concealing your source." - Franklin P. Jones