 --- Nik Taylor skrzypszy:

> I think that's the most important part.  Never be afraid, especially in
> the early stages, of changing your language.  There's not much left of
> the initial version of Uatakassi, with the exception of some of the
> grammatical affixes.

Yes, I'm just wondering about one thing. When I was "doing" the sound changes
that made Vulgar Latin develop into Wenedyk, I came to realize that the Hattic
sound changes are really a bit too simplistic. But in fact I like the language
the way it is, and it would be a tough job to modify the entire lexicon (about
1400 words, making it a middle-sized conlang, I think). And it would force me
to retranslate all the translations I did; not that there are so many of them,
but still...
What do y'all think is a reasonable point for saying: "Okay, the language is
too big for major changes now"?

> > and let's not forget Hildegard von Bingen.
>
> :-)  Yeah, but she's not on the list.  ;-)

No, but she would have been if she had been in the possession of a computer!

Jan

=====
"Originality is the art of concealing your source." - Franklin P. Jones