Bimodal means having two moods, ie. Imperative/Indicative.  First, Star Trek
is entertaining, but is not meant to be taken seriously.  Second, well, she's
a prodigy, and I think you might be able to tell some grammar by a repeated
stem with different inflections...I couldn't but she may be able to...

How could she tell that there were ONLY two moods? Especially after <i>only</i> 30 seconds of listening? It might have been trimodal, or tetramodal, or perhaps very  well decamodal (has anyone tried THAT in their conlang?), but Hoshi wouldn't have heard enough sentences yet to hear them say a verb in the third mood.

"Their language appears to have 123 different words"?