At 11:17 17/01/03 +0100, you wrote:
>En réponse à Nik Taylor <[log in to unmask]>:
>

>> Spanish, too.  Amare habeo -> amaré.  And furthermore, some dialects
>> have lost the synthetic future for the new pariphrastic "voy a amar",
>> altho AFAIK, there's no evidence that that, too, will become a
>> synthetic
>> form anytime soon.
>>

>Well, it took more than 1000 years for the periphrastic AMARE HABEO to turn
>into a synthetic future tense. Give the new Spanish form some time ;)))) .
>
>Christophe.

It makes me wonder whether a future form of English might have such forms as
"I wigo", "I wibee" etc. "Future English"- now there's a conlang idea for
somebody - is anybody doing anything along those lines? I imagine there'd
be some Spanish influence, possibly some from Indian languages too.

Pete Bleackley