Tristan scripsit:

> I'm talking about in more conservative dialects than yours, then

Conservative?  Hnmp.

>  Remember: Australian English
> is one of the most aesthetic languages there are,

Are it in the habit of using plural verbs with singular subjects, too?

"Our twisted vowels, our distortions and slackness of speech" is how Dame
Nellie Melba put it.

> (And re your other post? While /Oz/ and /wOz/ and /b@kOz/ rhyme in /Oz/,
> /daz/ certainly /daz/n't.)

"Oz", "was", and "because" don't rhyme in Kansas either, Toto.

--
John Cowan  [log in to unmask]  www.reutershealth.com  ccil.org/~cowan
Dievas dave dantis; Dievas duos duonos          --Lithuanian proverb