On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 04:38, Roberto Rosselli Del Turco wrote:
> Hi all,
> you might also be interested in XXE, another advanced XML editor:
>
> http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/

I've used this a bit, and although there are quite a few small
annoyances, it does seem to work OK on Linux for me (Mandrake 9 with
java from the Mandrake club).

> The catch (there's always one :) : it relies heavily on stylesheets,
They are at least pretty normal CSS style-sheets, with an extension to
let you control how an element behaves in the tree/box/xmlspy/incontext
view thing.

I found I had to add a processing instruction to say where the
stylesheet was, which is a pain sometimes.  But maybe it's a small
price to pay. It does do DTD validation, haven't investigated XML
Schema support.

Liam

Ankh: irc.sorcery.net www.valinor.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org
www.advogato.org
Author, Open Source XML Database Toolkit, Wiley August 2000
Co-author: The XML Specification Guide, Wiley 1999; Mastering XML, Sybex
2001