Joe scripsit:

> As for stupid names, America is not short of them, it seems.  There's a
> 'Wanker's Corner' in Oregon.  You people really are strange ;-).

"Wanker" is another of those words not generally
known in the U.S.  According to the Jargon File
(http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/wank.html), at Columbia
University, "wank" = general hacker use of "hack".  "When the wankometer
overloads [the conversation becomes too technical], the subject must be
changed, or all non-wanks will leave."  This report is due to our own
Mark Shoulson, I believe.

We also have Boogertown, North Carolina.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              [log in to unmask]
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There