On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 Rachel Klippenstein <[log in to unmask]> wrote
:

> Does anyone know a resource (book, website etc) where
> I can find info on what sorts of sound changes are
> common/attested/plausible?  I'm trying to get some
> ideas, not to find out if any particular shift is
> plausible.

Hopefully someone will know of some. However I always find such lists of
processes very indigestible in the abstract. I would suggest rather that
you pick one or two groups of languages that appeal to you and research
their history. All the more common changes turn up again and again.

There again, if you have a phonology (system of sounds) for your
language, we can probably suggest ways in which it might evolve.

Keith Mylchreest