 --- Kallah skrzypszy:

> New member, non-academic, currently working on a very loosely Semitic
> language for a novel.

Welcome to the list!
I am not going to repeat the things Tristan wrote. Not even the link to the
outstanding link page of our resident conlanger from Tokelau, Daniel
Andreasson.
But I have another link for you. If you are working on a Semitic conlang, you
might be interested in Yitzik's workshop (or subgroup) that deals mainly with
Semitic or Semitic-based conlangs:

> n'Deren (current working name) is a verb-subject-object language, with
> a singular, dual, and plural.

Ah, exactly like my conlang Hattic (which is Indo-European, not Semitic). Yes,
VSO is definitely the coolest word order I can think of.

> Otherwise, I'm currently interested in old Germanic languages,
> Byzantine Latin, and Japanese old and modern.

Interesting. Well, let me assure you that you are not the only one.

Welcome once more.

Jan

=====
"Originality is the art of concealing your source." - Franklin P. Jones