On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, pracrito wrote:

>     Ci povas troigi kiel cxiam pro la supersignoj, sed la fakto estas
>     ke, hi tie, ci ne kuragxas imejli per supersignataj literoj, bone
>     sciante ke probable ili ne aperos akurate.
>
>     Sarkasme, antauxnelonge mi legis hi tie, en hi tiu listo, la
>     tipan apologion pro la supersignoj de tipa esperantisto. Li,
>     uzante supersignojn en sia mesagxo, fieris ke ili jam estis neniu
>     problemo, kaj, mu la supersignoj de lia mesagxo, nature,
>     malaperis!

    Hooray!  For once Alexandro and I agree on something!  No matter
how fervently the die-hard Esperantists attempt to justify continued
use of the distinctive E-o supersigned letters, I find them to be
nothing but trouble and bother.  (For example, I still do not have
Unicode fonts containing the E-o letters, and with my internet hookup,
in *practical* terms I don't know how I would get them.  Not everybody
in the world has high-speed access.)  Insofar as possible, plain
letters are still the way to go.  No matter how fervently the die-hard
Esperantists attempt to justify continued use of the distinctive E-o
supersigned letters, they may very well be the most constant complaint
against E-o (and the first thing junked in reform proposals), but some
people just seem to be impervious to a century old and still very
recurring complaint.

--
Paul Bartlett
bartlett at smart.net