----- Original Message -----
From: "J Y S Czhang" <[log in to unmask]>

> >To what extent has Giger put a "copyright" on
> >his STYLE of painting?  I wondered about that; if some science fiction
> >film producer were to hire someone who was NOT Giger to design a space
ship
> >or a monster--the metallic and the organic meshing, the long-headed
aliens,
> >the sexual/mechanical imagery, the joints that look like backbones, the
same
> >coloring and painterly techniques--could Giger sue?  Perhaps it's a
matter
> >of how well-known you are, and how much opprobrium accrues to the obvious
> >plagiarist.

>     Being quite familiar with the "body modification" subculture, I have
seen
> many "BioMech(anical)"-style tattoos that are totally inspired by Giger
(and,
> to a lesser extent, French comicbook artist Moebius).
>     I have also seen a well-done combination of tattooing and subdermal
> implanting based on Giger (the subdermal implants accenting the 3D-ness of
> the tattooing).

Yeah, but my question was whether a big-name film producer could get someone
to fake Giger in a multimillion dollar sf movie with sure box office profits
without getting Giger seriously mad at him.  It's the money, honey.

>     Hehe, I believe you may literally see more than you reaaallly ever
want
> to by simply using Google's advance search option using the keyphrase
"body
> modification" and keywords "Giger," "BioMech," "implants," etc..
>     CAUTION: if you have a weak stomach, easily have nightmares &/or have
> children nearby, please exercise extreme discretion.

I've pored over the Necronomicon.  Landscapes of wounds and dead babies.

Late nite Sal gal.  Mad and bad and overworked.