en mem0 dii 2003:03:17 04.29.19 gozen, cowan graeffii:

>In my scarcely-unlimited set of examples, I can think of none that
>look like that, unless indeed Germanic "caught" its heavy initial stress
>from some unknown substratum language.  Germanic does in some ways look
>like a creole of Indo-European....

    Hey, IMO/AFAIK that sounds like an Essentialist definition: Germanic is
essentially a direct descendent of an Indo-European creole ;)

Hanuman Zhang, MangaLanger

     Language[s] change[s]: vowels shift, phonologies crash-&-burn, grammars
leak, morpho-syntactics implode, lexico-semantics mutate, lexicons explode,
orthographies reform, typographies blip-&-beep, slang flashes, stylistics
warp... linguistic (R)evolutions mark each-&-every quantum leap...

"Some Languages Are Crushed to Powder but Rise Again as New Ones" -
title of a chapter on pidgins and creoles, John McWhorter,
_The Power of Babel: A Natural History of Language_

= ! gw3rra leg0set kaka! ! riis3rva, saIlva, riikuu, sk0pa-g0mii aen riizijk
l0! =
(Fight Linguistic Waste! Save, Salvage, Recover, Scavenge and Recycle!)