En réponse à Tristan <[log in to unmask]>:

> Is there a standard way of doing that? We've been told to do f^(9)
> (differentiated from f^9 by naught but brackets), because f'''' is
> already ridiculous enough....

f^(9) *is* the standard way to do it. I was also taught that way. Andreas's
teacher's "f^IX", though not unknown is pretty much non-standard (and not very
practical anyway. I can't see in what way f^III is an improvement over
f''' ;)))) ). I've occasionally seen it, but among people that regularly
underline vectors even in print, instead of writing them in bold letters! :))

Hehe, the mathematical typographic standards are like X-SAMPA on the list:
everybody has his/her own substandard way of using them ;)))) .

Christophe.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr

It takes a straight mind to create a twisted conlang.