From: "Andreas Johansson" <[log in to unmask]>

> Quoting Danny Wier <[log in to unmask]>:

[...]

> > S [s] or [S]

> > X [ts] or [tS]
> > Z [dz] or [dZ]
>
> While I normally hate using |x| for anything voiced, you might consider
> switching X and Z to agree with German and Albanian respectively.

My logic was Z being /dz)/ as in Latin; and X is /ts)/ because of its
similarities to /ks/, it's Latin value. I never liked <x> for /dz)/ and XH
for /dZ)/ in Albanian, too arbitrary. I'd even prefer using the numeral 3 to
that. Laz, a Kartvelian language spoken in Turkey, does that anyway.

> Are the postalveolar variants phonetically triggered?

They're the palatized variants, appearing before I and maybe E and V.