Stone Gordonssen wrote:

> Anyone familar with the progression:
> _you_  2sl
> _y'all_  2pl
> _all y'all_  2pl but but more persons than _y'all_

For me, "all y'all" means "All of y'all", just like "We all/all of us"
or "they all/all of them".  For example, "I beat all y'all" -> "He beat
us all/all of us"

Also, in my idiolect, "y'all" is for 3 or more.  "You guys" or "You two"
is used for dual.  However, that's just an idiolectal feature, and most
people I knew in Florida had no qualms about using "y'all" for a dual.
I suspect it's because I recognize the "all" morpheme in "y'all",
whereas most people analyze it as a single unit (as shown also by the
common alternate spelling "ya'll", showing, to my mind, a lack of
morphemic boundaries combined with the knowledge that there's an
apostrophe in the word)

--
"There's no such thing as 'cool'.  Everyone's just a big dork or nerd,
you just have to find people who are dorky the same way you are." -