On Mon, 12 May 2003 19:18:51 -0500, Nik Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Herman Miller wrote:
>> http://www.io.com/~hmiller/lang/places.html
>
>Is there an ASCIIfied version?  I just see a bunch of boxes for what I
>presume are standard IPA

You could check the original posts in the Conlang archives if you want the
ASCII-IPA. If you see boxes (instead of question marks), you probably just
need to install a font that includes the IPA and set it as your default
browser font for Unicode pages. You can download Thryomanes from my FTP
site, ftp://ftp.io.com/pub/usr/hmiller/fonts/Thryomanes11.zip (or
ftp://ftp.io.com/pub/usr/hmiller/fonts/THRYRG__.TTF for just the regular
font if you don't need the italic, bold, or bold italic).

Here's a link to the original first post in the thread in the Conlang
archives:

http://listserv.brown.edu/archives/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0111A&L=conlang&P=R26779