As a sort of compromise between Esp and Idiom Neutral, Ido did not really
introduce many new ideas, as such.  It did fix a hell of a lot of problems
in Esp.  Two new ideas which do spring to mind are:

Reversibility - Couturat's principle for ensuring a logical, unambiguous
derivational system

Prepositions - Ido solved the problem of a comprehensive set of precise
prepositions.  Jespersen acknowledged this even in his own project Novial:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/5037/AILprp.html

where he adopted the Ido system more or less _in toto_.

Kordiale, James Chandler

"Here we say that life is a cliff, and you must never turn around and look
back when you're climbing.  It makes you sick." - Paul Bowles, The
Sheltering Sky