Ian Spackman wrote:

> But Americans who have read _The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy_ books may
> recall a reference to supposed biroid life forms, even if they didn't get
> the joke at the time.

They must've changed it in the American publication, because I remember
them using the term "ballpointoid" or something similar.

Incidentally, I'd've interpreted "biro" as /biro/, rather than /bajro/
which someone else said was the pronunciation.  :-)

--
"There's no such thing as 'cool'.  Everyone's just a big dork or nerd,
you just have to find people who are dorky the same way you are." -